In 2009, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revised their guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials in order to protect the public from any intentionally errant or misleading advertising that has been paid for by a group or company. Since this blog is (trying to be) a source of income and may occasionally incorporate endorsements or testimonials, I felt it was important to disclose the following to you, my readers:
- The content of my blog is a source of income for me and therefore may be used to promote products, services, or other businesses.
- I will only choose to promote products/services/businesses that I have, in fact, used and that I feel will be beneficial to my readers.
- Products provided to me by our advertising partners for my review are given to me free of charge with no cost to myself. This does not ensure a positive review of the product in any way.
- You can trust me.I will always give my real opinion about a product or service whether or not I am partnering with the service provider and/or receiving payment to do so.
- My number one priority is accuracy and fairness to my readers, and I would never compromise the truth just to make a buck. Ever.
- Mentions of associated products/services/businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
I love and appreciate my readers and make it my goal to be up front and honest with every post I write.
PERSONAL INFORMATION I COLLECT
When you visit the Site, I automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, I collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. I refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
I collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO I USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
I use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
I use the Device Information that I collect to help me screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how my readers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of my marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I share your Personal Information with third parties to help me use your Personal Information, as described above.
I also use Google Analytics to help me understand how my readers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, I may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information I receive, or to otherwise protect my rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information I hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
When you subscribe through the Site, I will retain your information until you are unsubscribed. All data will be deleted once unsubscribed.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
For more information about my privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
Information on this website may be copied for personal use only. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise, except as permitted under Section 107 or 108 of the 1976 United States Copyright Act, without the prior written permission of the author. Requests to the author and publisher for permission should be addressed to the following email: [email protected]